Healthcare Furniture Provider
Following a struggling operation, Davies & Robson provided a specialist interim manager to stabilise the operation, improve processes and prepare the operation for SAP Bin Location implementation.
Working with the warehouse, sales and executive team, Steve was able to identify some key areas for operational improvement, add rigour and structure to processes and test their integrity for the implementation of SAP Bin Locations.
In addition to his role as the acting line manager for the operation Steve was able to:
- Improve daily operations and service levels
- Create SOPs across the operation; goods in, despatch and damages
- Reorganise and lay out the warehouse in readiness for SAP Bin locations
- Implement SAP Bin locations including serial numbers for high-value products seamlessly to avoid any negative impact to customer service
- Conduct a full Stock Count
- Introduce cycle counting and verification of locations and inventory
- Consolidate their Demonstration product storage facilities from three sites into one
- Reduce damage and improve control of Demonstration products
- Increase their fleet to support all Demo product deliveries/collections
- Eliminate Outsourcing White Gloved Deliveries other than where volumes were prohibitive
- Obtain a restricted 'O' license for the short-term hire of a 7.5t delivery vehicle on ad hoc basis
- Evaluate the incumbent Warehouse supervisor and provide mentoring to take on responsibility for warehouse and distribution activities
- Introduce new H&S practices and equipment including PPE and walkways
View All Case Studies
They are a tight knit family organisation with a high-end product and service offering into the Health Industry. It was a pleasure to work with them as they were very receptive to recommendations on how to operationally improve their business and I wish them every success for the future.